In the remote, flooded Sabine River bottom outside of Orange, Texas, Key utilized its innovative walking work bridge to safely and efficiently perform the in-line replacement of an existing 900 foot long bridge. The existing timber bridge was replaced with steel pile supported precast concrete ballast spans. All work was performed under Form B and limited curfews.
Under the short duration train curfews, Key performed 31 bridge span change outs. Each change out required:
- Cutting and removing the existing track panel
- Demolition of the existing bridge
- Installation of new precast concrete caps
- Installation of new precast girders
- Re-installation of the track panel along with mainline ballast